Friday, July 6, 2012

You Made the Squad!

Welcome to the Spirit FM Mom Squad Blog! You might be wondering what the Mom Squad is and why it has a blog. The long and short of it is that the Mom Squad is YOU! Yep! You and me and all the other moms who need a pat on the back, a fresh idea, a hug, a prayer or a laugh.

I had a hard go of it when my son first arrived and I remember thinking, "Why do people say this is a beautiful time? I feel so lousy!" When I shared that on the air I was flooded with comments from people saying I wasn't alone. I realized we need support. Loving, encouraging, LOCAL support. And I had a feeling it's not just new moms who need this, so whether you have a newborn or a child in college or beyond, there's something for you in the Mom Squad.

We'll have Mom Squad events, like a movie night or a kid's clothes swap, outreach opportunities like a diaper drive for moms-to-be, and then a whole lot of sharing on the Mom Squad Blog. I'll post right here on the main page, but please check out the Mom Squad Bloggers to the right. Julie, Kati, Danielle and Fiona are as different as the day is long, but one thing they have in common, they love their kiddos and have great ideas to share. Quick bios on each are right below this blog entry.

Subscribe to the blog today, so you can be alerted when we're giving away a great prize or sharing a cool idea. If you own a company that you'd like to promote to other moms, let me know. Maybe we'll do a giveaway and get the word out. Think you've got an idea, recipe or inspiration to share? I'll post guest columns every now and then, so send it on over! Abby@spiritfm905.com. Just make sure your grammar and punctuation are correct! :)

I'm so excited to embark on this Mom Squad journey with you. It's my prayer that we, as a community of faith-filled women can grow God's love within ourselves so it spills over to our husbands and children, then our neighbors, and into Tampa Bay and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment